A classic peacoat with modern options, this design is the perfect introduction to menswear tailoring as the detailed instructions will help you create a beautifully finished coat even if you are intimidated by sewing outerwear. The design includes a narrow double breast that sits nicely both buttoned and open.
Various details can be left out or included such as: epaulets, lined patch pockets, pocket flaps, an interior patch pocket, a removable hood (using buttons), and sleeve tabs.
This design is easy to fit with an optional slimming front dart and a center back seam. Few body panels make it relatively simple to sew and it is fully lined with detailed instructions on how to insert the lining and hand-sew the hems.
The Goldstream Peacoat would suit everything from a classic navy wool with fouled anchor buttons to a rustic tweed with leather closures.
This pattern, as part of the Parkland Casual Collection, is a modern slim-fitting design with athletic sizing. It is a classic garment that lends itself to creating the perfect casual, hand-made wardrobe for an active lifestyle.
The Goldstream Peacoat sewing pattern is available as a paper sewing pattern (sent to you by mail) or as an instant printable PDF download (sent to your e-mail).
Paper Sewing Pattern Includes:
1) A tissue copy of the pattern in sizes XS to XXL
2) A 20 page staple bound illustrated instruction booklet (lays flat while sewing!)
3) An embroidered Thread Theory garment tag
4) A chip board pattern folder with string closure - simple to use and sturdy enough to store your patterns for years to come
PDF Sewing Pattern Includes:
1) A detailed instruction booklet containing step-by-step instructions and diagrams
2) A print-at-home PDF pattern on 79 pages (suitable for both Letter and A4 size paper)
3) A 36" wide print shop PDF pattern (173" long)
Have a look at finished garments made by our customers HERE!