Otter Wax is a natural wax bar that will allow you to protect your canvas or denim projects, add a water repellent coating, and give your projects the distinctive appearance of oilcloth. This heavy duty fabric wax offers long-lasting protection from the elements and contains only naturally derived ingredients from sustainable sources. Otter Wax is the first and only water repellent wax that doesn't utilize paraffin, silicone, or other synthetic ingredients derived from petroleum (it smells like a beeswax candle!). It is easy to apply without a mess - you simply need to rub the bar onto the garment or fabric and then leave the fabric in a cool place to cure for 48 hours. You can speed up the curing process by warming the waxed fabric with a hair dryer.
Depending on the projects you have planned, you can choose between the regular 2.25 oz bar or the large 5 oz bar. The regular bar is perfect for projects such as dopp kits, tote bags, laptop bags, hats, shoes or children's clothing. It takes approximately two regular bars to wax one pair of adult jeans. The larger bar is a great choice for jeans (you will only need one bar!), canvas coats, duffle bags or multiple small projects.
A little more about the wax and the company:
- All-Natural Canvas Wax : Maximum Water Repellency Wax for Fabric
- Environmentally Friendly & Safe Ingredients
- Handmade in Portland, Oregon
- Original Formula : Long-Lasting Water Repellent Seal
- 100% Natural Ingredients: Non-Toxic, No Silicone, No Petroleum
- Great for sewing projects such as shaving kits, 'oilcloth' coats and backpacks or satchels. It can also be used to refresh already waxed garments or to wax existing canvas and denim items (think shoes, workshop aprons, hats, backpacks, or even jeans!).
Have a look at this video as a source of inspiration...before you know it you will be Otter Waxing EVERYTHING.