Jedediah Sew-Along | Sew some pants or shorts with us! August 10 2013
Welcome to the Jedediah Shorts Sew-Along - Thread Theory Design Inc.'s very first sew-along. This sew-along spans over two weeks with four posts a week during which we photographed and explained the sewing process for the shorts variation of the Jedediah Pants pattern.
Each post involves about half an hour to two hours of sewing. You can follow along at our speed or go at your own pace as the links for each post will remain posted in the list below. That way, if you didn't have time to join in the sew-along when it was announced or if you make versions of the pants or shorts in the future, you will always be able to refer back to the posts that you found most helpful!
This sew-along began on August 15th. 2013.
- Preparations - Fabric Requirements, Garment and Body Measurements, making bias binding from a vintage handkerchief
- Assembling Your Pattern - this post was made using the Newcastle Cardigan pattern but the techniques and tips hold true for the Jedediah Pants
- Lengthening or Shortening a Sewing Pattern Tutorial - Learn how to adjust the length of the Jedediah Pants before cutting into your fabric
- Grading to Create a Custom Fit Tutorial - If the body measurements given aren't a perfect match, consider grading to create a custom fit!
- How to Save Fabric when Cutting out your Shorts or Pants (guest post by Meg of Made by Meg)
- Cutting out Fabric (Thursday, August 15th) - 1 1/2-2 hours
- Sewing the Slash Front Pockets (Friday, August 16th) - 1- 1 1/2 hours
- Sewing the Back Patch Pockets and Back Yoke (Saturday, August 17th) - 1 1/2 hours
- How to Sew the Back Pockets with No Interior Raw Edges (guest post by Katie of The Creative Counsellor)
- Sewing the Outseams with contrast binding (Sunday, August 18th) - 1 hour
- Sewing the Inseams (Thursday, August 22nd) - 1/2 hour
- Sewing the Fly - We made a video for this post! (Friday, August 23rd) - 1 1/2 - 2 hours
- Sewing the Belt Loops and Waistband (Saturday, August 24th) - 2 hours
- Sewing the Hem and Cuffs (Sunday, August 25th) - 1/2 hour
- Check out everyone's finished pants and shorts on our Jedediah Pinterest board!