Call for Vintage Menswear Sewing Patterns!
Perhaps you've noticed how practical, well designed, and still relevant vintage menswear sewing patterns are - plus there are hundreds to choose from! Whenever I receive an email asking for a particular menswear pattern that perhaps won't fit into our Thread Theory line, my thoughts drift towards vintage sewing patterns. I know that the requested design exists as a sewing pattern somewhere! That is why I will be collecting a catalogue of vintage menswear sewing patterns to add to the Thread Theory shop. Once the collection is large enough it will be a great way to find a pattern to suit all manner of menswear fit and styling criteria! And I would for love you to help! If you have a pile of old sewing patterns, have a look through them to see if there are any menswear designs that you don't want anymore. If so, email me at email@example.com and there is a good chance I would happily buy them from you! Since I am new to this vintage pattern collecting hobby, I figure it is probably best to put some parameters in place:
- I would prefer to buy menswear patterns in groups of 5 or more (it doesn't have to be 5 of the same design or even the same company), this way it is more cost effective to pay for them to be shipped to me.
- The patterns should be uncut...but if you have a REALLY great design that has been cut to a common menswear size, I may still consider it so email me anyways!
- I hope to pay for groups of patterns as though they were 'bulk' or 'wholesale' so that I can offer them in our shop at a fair retail price for vintage patterns. If you have a price in mind, don't be shy to tell me! If you have no idea what to charge, I am happy to make and offer (and give you examples of patterns on Ebay or elsewhere so that you know the price is fair).
- I will pay you for the patterns and the cost of shipping using Paypal. Please use the cheapest shipping method!
- There are lots of reasons why I may say 'no' to your offer to sell your patterns. Please don't be offended if I do! For instance, it might be too expensive for me to pay for the shipping from your location, or the design might not be something I think would suit the Thread Theory shop.