Sewing Indie Month: Our interview by Dixie DIY
Dixie, of the pattern company, Dixie DIY, has posted the Q&A she did on us on her blog today! If you are wanting to get to know Matt and I and our pattern company a little better, now is the time to get reading! Thanks, Dixie, for the great (and funny!) questions (example: she wonders how Matt reacted to my Comox Trunk inspiration "research" :P). In other news, have you noticed things are [starting] to look a little different around the blog? I've been inspired by some awesome blog re-decorating sprees around the web (have you seen Oonaballoona or Mokosha's new blog looks?...so pretty!) so I decided to give it a try myself. I have a cold right now so a day in front of the computer is just the rest I need to get better! It's slow going because this is NOT my area of expertise by any stretch of the term. I've managed so far to:
- Update our header
- Remove all the excess (and ugly) links from above and below the header
- And, most importantly, use the "Image" widget to convert some of our links to pretty graphics. I have no idea if that is how I was supposed to do this but, after too long hopelessly sifting through Google searches, I decided that it was the only way I could figure out and so it would have to do!
- Figure out how blog following services work (they are such a mystery to me!). I am thinking of introducing Blog Lovin or Feedburner so that there are more ways than subscribing by email to follow our blog. Is that something I can do with a Wordpress blog? I hope so!
- I'm going to clean up the actual pages that the side bar graphics link to so that you can find all sew-alongs, posts, photos and information about each pattern in one place).
- I also somehow would love to make the header link back to our home page instead of having the link "Home" at the top right of the blog. What do you think...is this possible???