Boxed Set of Pins (5 Varieties)
A boxed set featuring the right pin for every task. Within this handy storage container you will find a box each of essential dressmaking pins, entomology pins, bulb pins, glass headed pins, and safety pins.
Here is a little information about each variety:
- Dressmaking Pins: Traditional nickel plated dressmaking pins. Each pin measures 32mm x 0.65mm and features a slightly rounded head.
- Entomology Pins: Extremely fine pins perfect for sewing the most delicate of fabrics (these would traditionally be used to pin butterflies and other delicate items to collection boards). These pins are black with beautiful rounded heads.
- Bulb Pins: An attractive black safety pin that is pear shaped. These are often used to hang tags on garments (for gift giving or to sell).
- Glass Headed Pins: One hundred glass headed pins in a multitude of colours. The glass heads are not only beautiful, they allow you to avoid the worry of melting your pin heads while ironing. The bright colours are easy to spot in fabric. These pins measure 30mm X 0.60mm - slightly smaller than the dressmaking pins making them useful for fine and heavier fabrics.
- Safety Pins: A classic safety pin in black. Useful for quilting, all sorts of odd sewing jobs, and of course, to have around the house.
These pins are from Merchant & Mills, a high quality British haberdashery that strives to elevate sewing to its proper place in the creative world. Their stark, practical and beautiful packaging, along with their carefully sourced selection of useful and classic sewing tools allow makers to enjoy the fruits of their labour just as much as the making process.