Heroine Pattern - Merchant & Mills
This pattern has been created by the inspiring British sewing supply company, Merchant & Mills. It is a women's pattern featuring women's sizing. The Heroine jeans are fitted to the waist with a straight, generous leg and a healthy turn up.
It is advisable to toile this pattern, firstly to adjust the fit if needed but secondly to familiarise with the pattern instructions. The design does not use a traditional run and fell jeans seam, instead, the seam is topstitched, which is easier to achieve on a domestic machine when working with heavy denims. A heavy duty thread rather than a topstitch thread gives a more authentic look to the topstitching and is easier to use. You may find that you get a better stitch using a matching standard ‘sew all’ thread in the bobbin.
8 – 12.5oz non stretch denim (up to 14oz with a heavy duty machine.)
- Matching thread
- 17.5cm/7″ metal jeans zip
- 1 x button approx 18mm
- Jeans needle
- Large eye sewing needle
- Plain cotton fabric for pocket bags
- Heavy duty contrast thread/top stitching thread
- Matching standard contrast thread (to use in bobbin)
Included in Pattern:
- A white medium weight tissue copy of the pattern in sizes 6-18.
- A newsprint instruction page including detailed illustrations.
- A paper pattern envelope featuring a color photo of the finished garment.