Ottoline Pattern - Merchant & Mills
This pattern has been created by the inspiring British sewing supply company, Merchant & Mills. It is a women's pattern featuring women's sizing. The Ottoline is a boxy workwear jacket with cuff and side seam splits and inside pocket. Although a lovely design detail the vents are a little tricky, so instructions are included instructions to simplify Ottoline by excluding the side seams and sleeve vents if you like.
A heavy duty thread rather than a topstitch thread gives a more authentic look to the topstitching and is easier to use. You may find you get a better stitch using a matching ‘sew all’ thread in the bobbin.
8 – 12.5oz non stretch denim, medium weight cotton drill or canvas, dry oilskin, linen and corduroy.
- Matching thread.
- 5 x buttons approx 22mm (7 if you are doing buttons at the cuff)
- Contrast top stitch thread optional.
Included in Pattern:
- A white medium weight tissue copy of the pattern in sizes 6-18.
- A newsprint instruction page including detailed illustrations.
- A paper pattern envelope featuring a color photo of the finished garment.