Comox Trunks Sew-Along Schedule April 26 2014
Welcome to the Comox Trunks Sew-Along. This sew-along will take two weeks with four posts a week during which we will photograph and explain the sewing process for the Comox Trunks sewing pattern.
Each post will only involve about half an hour of sewing which makes this a great sew-along to follow if you are fairly new to sewing and a little overwhelmed or if you have a really busy schedule. You can follow along at our slow and steady speed or go at your own pace as the links for each post will remain posted in the list below even after the sew along has been completed. That way, if you don’t have time to join in the sew-along this April (2014) or if you make versions of the trunks in the future, you will always be able to refer back to the posts that you found most helpful!
On top of the information included in our posts, you can also ask questions or comment about sewing methods that you use so that we can all give each other support throughout the project…kind of like sewing in the same studio together!
To enter our Comox Trunks Sew-Along contest, all you need to do is comment on our final sew along post (the joke post called: How to photograph your Comox Trunks sans sexy model) with a link to a photo of your finished trunks by May 5th. Your photo could be on your blog, Flickr, Facebook, Pinterest or any other accessible online location. The winner will be picked using a random number generator and announced on May 8th. Good luck!
- April 4th: Choosing your fabric and elastic
- April 6th: Picking a size and ideas for customizing (lengthen the legs, enlarge the front cup, create narrower legs, or remove the right exit fly)
- April 8th: Cutting out your fabric and preparing your machine
- April 10th: Sewing the trunks front
- April 12th: Sewing the trunks back
- April 14th: Hemming the trunks
- April 16th: Attaching the elastic waistband (or adding a fabric covered waistband) – We’re done!
- April 18th: Joke post – Photographing your Comox Trunks sans sexy model
- May 5th: Deadline to submit a photo of your finished Comox Trunks
- May 8th: Winner of Comox Trunks Prize Pack announced and a parade of the finished trunks!